Friday, September 18, 2009

First Day Back

I really missed being in Santa Cruz! I've been back for pretty much a full day now, and it's been great, for the most part. I got a job with the College 8 dining hall, and doing so gave me the option of moving in early without paying the $100 early move in fee (providing I complete 11 weeks of employment). I wanted to get out of my house ASAP, so that's what I did.
I arrived yesterday with most of my stuff. I signed up for payroll. Then I had a student orientation. Afterwards, I was pretty tired so I spent the night organizing my boxes of stuff. Also, one of my housemates moved in last night as well. He's pretty cool and his name is Alexis.
This morning I woke up and went to training until about 2. Then I ran around doing a few errands here and there. Then the beach beckoned and I answered! I missed being able to go to the beach pretty much whenever I wanted. I met up with a few of my friends for a few hours of volleyball fun against this random Russian (?) couple. After that, my friend, Dave, took me to his new house to check it out. We ended up going out to dinner with some of his housemates and then back to his house to hang out for a bit. He dropped me off at my apartment and I took a nice, long, hot shower and got all the sand off my body.
Alexis asked me if I wanted to watch "Matilda" with him and his girlfriend, so being the cool and social person I am, I did. They both ended up going to bed before the movie was over, so I finished it by myself. Now I am here and ready for bed.
I am going back to Cupertino tomorrow because I have work at CVS on Saturday which will suck and an In-N-Out date with Asa. I think I will be heading back to Santa Cruz Saturday night though with the rest of my things. Crossing my fingers that it's not Sunday. It almost feels like I never left. I love this place.

1 comment:

Yangdi said...

Matilda is awesome.
Also, address please (: