Friday, October 16, 2009

I Hate the Internet

I just finished my first of three midterms, so I think I am allowed to actually dabble around the internet now. Not that I wasn't in between sentences of reading my chemistry book and in between chemistry problems. I hate the internet. It prevents me from being productive. Correction, it prevents me from being effectively productive. I like reading fashion blogs and sometimes I get so hooked that I end up sitting for hours going through archives ooh-ing and ahh-ing. And then I'll see something I like which leads me to my second I hate the internet reason: I can't stop (pretend) online shopping! That in turn lead me to staying up till 3 in the morning for that past two nights while studying. At least I found some cool stuff...
Antik Batik embellished draped wool dress, Camilla Skovgaard satin chain-embellished sandals, Bottega Veneta Intreccatio-effect ring, and of course, Bottega Veneta stud-embellished Intreccatio clutch. I like the juxtaposition of hard and soft (that's what she said?), feminine, yet edgy, etc. etc. because that pretty much embodies who I am. I love metal, but I'm not some crazy Goth-ed out chick, and tossing little metal elements in here and there. The shoes (and I guess the ring) balance out the super girly-ness of the dress and clutch.
Okay, not going to lie, I'm picking all these outfits out based on the clutches. I don't know why, but I tend to gravitate towards purses when I browse online. You can never have too many! Well, you can never have too many clothes, shoes, or purses... Anyway, my main point was I pick outfits around bags. Clicking through Barney's, I found this Derek Lam Elsa python clutch, and it practically stopped my heart. The scales absolutely pop. I love the asymmetrical design of the clutch. And I don't really like yellow, but the color looks absolutely amazing on the Elsa python. There's a black python version as well, but the color didn't do justice for the skin. The clutch is paired with an Herve Leger dress, Christian Louboutins, and Oscar de la Renta earrings.

9 comments:

tdw said...

News on : Http://daily-women.blogspot.com


In Bordeaux City, a really beautiful town where we live :)
Come on
See ya :) Xoxos

said...

OMG. THESE ARE GORGEOUS.
PAULINA. You need to dress me when we're older. I can so see us spending a summer in the upper east side running around like giddy school girls. First we need to get lots of money though.

Anonymous said...

wow...those two looks are amazing!!!

Zen Z. said...

oohh pretty compilations.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Beautiful pieces!! I love the simple black body con dress in the second one! xoxoxo

Macy said...

those first pair of shoes... AWESOME.

laura said...

haha I am the queen of internet procrastination so I know exactly where you're coming from!!

Cruz said...

Internet = 1 hw = 2 in my book LOL

Colene said...

I can totally identify with this! If i owned the wardrobe I've pretend bought online, I'd be like Imelda Markos!!! (and there's nothing wrong with designing an outfit around a bag!)