Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh, Robert, Lauryn, and Erin (Scotty Excluded)

One thing I've noticed about college, especially with regards to writing essays and such, is that some people are complete idiots. Like, seriously, I wonder how they got into college. I am by no means a good writer. I am a decent one, at best. In fact, I think I'm pretty terrible, but there is a noticeable difference between the style and diction of my prose and theirs. Maybe I was really lucky and had fairly awesome lit teachers throughout my years of high school.
Mrs. Robbins was fucking bomb, and taught me how to write decent essays complete with fascinating introductions and Big Idea conclusions. Gahagan was... cool. I don't remember what she taught me. And Mr. Javier's class was a struggle for me to pass and write essays up to his excellent standard. I barely got a B first semester. Catrette's class was a joke.
Okay, well, like the other people's essays in my class, I have no thought and no direction about this blog.
The moral of the story is I guess I write good essays. That's what everyone says. This is terrible. I will never get any feedback on how to make them better. *sad face*

No comments: