Thursday, October 23, 2008

Worst Day Ever

Yup. I didn't go to bed until 3AM this morning due to personal reasons. I woke up, went to the most boring core class of my life. Went home to go study, and I was like, oh! I have an interview today for my Documenting Oral History class. Maybe I should check out my video camera and see what's up. I open my bag, turn on the camera. It doesn't turn on. The batteries were dead. I had a midterm in less than an hour for a class that is semi-difficult. I freaked out. I had to leave after my final and it would take me an hour to get to the lady, Jill's, house by Santa Cruz Harbor. I called up everyone I knew at Santa Cruz, and freaked out some more because I didn't have a camera and I wasn't sure that Media Services over at Kerr Hall had a camera I could use AND they weren't picking up their phone. Finally I managed to get in contact with them, and they had one I could use. So I went off a little bit less stressed to fail my midterm. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, and I finished within an hour and I made the trek to Kerr Hall to get a camera. I got one and a tripod that weighs more than I do, and I made the trek back to Kresge with a huge case, a huge bag, my huge backpack while wearing a thick jacket and Uggs in 90 degree weather. Then I made sure the camera worked and whatnot and left to go to Jill's house around 4. The bus was late so I missed the first 68 bus that would take me over there. Then I got on and I met some nice guy/girl named Sara who was telling me about his/her adventures as a traveler. That's how s/he ended up at Santa Cruz. Then I got off at Lake & Lago with Sara and s/he gave me a map, and we went out separate ways. I found Jill's house and conducted the first 1/3 of our interview. Surprisingly, it was very fun and interesting. I'm really excited for our next interview. We talked for over 2 hours straight, but unfortunately I only had 2 hours worth of tape. It was awesome. Then I left, and halfway to some mysterious bus stop, I realized that I didn't have my ID card. I poked through all my things, and couldn't find anything, so I headed back to Jill's house to see if anything was there. None. I now have no ID card and no money and no way of getting back home. So she gave me $4 to take the bus. Maybe $5, and in my retarded frenzy, I probably dropped the dollar somewhere. I couldn't find the bus stop that I was supposed to, so I walked up and down some street for 30 minutes until I went into a restaurant to ask someone. Then I waited at the bus stop for 30 minutes while the bus was late. Then I went back here. And apparently my apartment had a dance party complete with a stripper pole. Then I got my boob touched by some drunk guy from the annoying upstairs.
And now I am here, tired, upset, less stressed, and HUNGRY AS HELL. I haven't eaten anything all day, and I was planning on going to the dining hall on my way home, but I guess that can't happen. Because I have no way of proving that I have a meal plan. Fucking retarded. I hope I can get this sorted out tomorrow...

No comments: